Digital Gurus have an exciting role available for an experienced Java Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team working on designing and developing key features for the company's e-commerce platform. This Java built platform is the driving power behind the hyper growth they have experienced.
As a Software Engineer in one of the core engineering teams, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of new features, providing highly available services critical to the business. You will build both internal and consumer-facing API's, while deploying large-scale distributed services.
Flexible flash remote working is available with the need to visit the office only one day per week.
What you'll be responsible for:
• You will bring together technologies, both internal and third-party.
• You will create services that can grow with the business.
• You will be a problem solver for customer-facing issues and internal services.
• You will deliver key projects by closely collaborating with product owners, the team and stakeholders.
• You will have a solid knowledge of OOP Java and experience with Spring Boot or Dropwizard. Our client uses Java but is open to engineers with a different skill set.
• You will be proficient in writing scalable, high-quality code to include test-suites.
• You will have designed and developed REST Api's.
• You can show a clear understanding of relational (SQL) and/or NoSQL databases.
• You understand software development best practices and your work reflects this.
Interested? Please apply or reach out to Elly at Digital Gurus if you are interested in finding out more.