Digital gurus are partnered with an award winning financial services organisation who are expanding their Project Management team. They are after an experienced IT / Technical Project Manager to oversee key technical projects, seeing them through the full SDLC, ensuring a successful delivery.
Responsibilities of the Technical / IT Project Manager:
- Planning the delivery of technical projects, most commonly application development, and its activities in accordance with the project brief & mandate.
- Managing the delivery of technical projects, ensuring they adhere to project objectives, budget, resource allocation and deadlines.
- Owning and managing the project to support the full software development life cycle, from obtaining user requirements through to user testing, training and implementation.
- Chairing required project meetings, both with stakeholders to obtain project progress reports and to the project customer and sponsor to provide project progress reports.
- Identifying and evaluating the risks and issues associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Accountability for all project documentation, from initial project brief & mandate through to post project review papers.
- Becoming the lead subject matter expert within the company regarding software improvements.
Required skills / experience of the Technical / IT Project Manager
A technical background is not required, however a strong understanding of technology and software development is. Your knowledge / experience should be enough to advice / interject on technical details of software / IT projects.
- Proven experience delivering technical / IT / Software projects, ideally application development
- Excellent understanding of software solutions
- Full end-end project management experience
- Experience in from requirement gathering, process mapping, project documentation
- Ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and data interrogation
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement & relationship building skills
The organisation is based in Manchester City Centre and will adopt a flexible approach to remote working, however office presence is required (TBC working pattern post covid).
If you are up for the challenge or interested in finding out more please apply or email: