At Infinite Talent we currently have an exciting new permanent job opportunity. We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer to come and join a one of our leading retail clients based in Nuneaton.
The role will be a home-based remote role.
The Sec Ops Engineer will:
- Work closely with the Security Operations Management Team to ensure all areas of SOC are aligned
- Support and be a key player for setting up the SOC and maintain oversight of the lifecycle of in-scope technology that supports the SOC's services;
- Prevent attacks through knowledge and expertise on databases, network, hardware, firewalls and encryption
- Monitoring of all H&B technologies, data assets and services
- Detection using knowledge as well as automated events generated from various services
- Ownership of incident investigations and swift resolution, depending on risks and priority of the incidents.
- Root cause analysis incidents and improve response processes.
- Support automation of incident runbooks/playbooks
Key Skills and Experience:
- 3 years' experience in Information and Cyber Security gained in Security Operations Centre
- Demonstrate progression and development from L1, 2 and L3 positions
- Demonstrate experience with SIEM tools and technologies
- Good understanding of network and cloud architecture and corresponding security controls
- Demonstrate defence in depth security from an IT perspective
- Experience in end to end information security incident management and mitigating and addressing threat vectors including Advanced Persistent Threat (APTs), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Phishing, Malicious Payloads, Malware, etc.
- Demonstrate cyber hunting techniques
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Web Application, Firewalls, Firewall logs, systems logs, web logs, other application and event logs
- Good experience of working in Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, M365 and SaaS applications
- Experience with building threat-based Use Cases using frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Log carving and log investigation
- Open Source dependency scanning
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field
- Information Security and/or Information Technology industry certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC , SANS SEC401 or equivalent a strong plus)
- Understanding of security threats, attack scenarios, intrusion detection and incident management.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to keep a cool head when dealing with crisis or stressful situations
- Strong analytical skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a successful business with fantastic benefits and career progression.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and you have the skills and experience needed, then please send your CV directly for consideration!