Here at Infinite Talent we have a new and exciting opportunity for an individual experienced in Supply Chain Management and Process Improvements, the role is for a leading Retail company that are looking for individuals who want progression and fast paced working environment. If this sounds like the role for you please apply and we will be in touch shortly to discuss further.
Purpose of role: To identify and deliver new initiatives within the Inbound area of Supply Chain. Improve process on BAU ways of working and delivering change. Working and supporting the
Inbound Team to maximize efficiencies within their current ways of working.
- To provide hands on leadership and ability to delivery supply chain initiatives to help improve the efficiency of current processes ensuring delivery to timelines.
-Managing the transition of origins between existing Freight Managers.
-Ensuring that the pre-go activities are monitored and actioned, managing the cut-over period between freight managers with the use of clear communication plan between all stakeholders (B&M, Suppliers, Freight Managers) and close monitoring of BAU post the cut over period.
-Understanding ways of improving current processes within the Inbound area. Clear work instructions and documenting improvements to process and supporting training material.
-Training out new / existing processes ( refresher ) and managing resistance to change.
- Work in a collaborative approach with areas within Supply Chain (and other wider business areas) to identify areas of improvement, replacement or new initiatives and innovations understanding the potential value add, benefits and also considering any risks.
- Manage change – both internally across the business and externally with suppliers and vendors.
- Communicate with internal and external parties ( if applicable ) ensuring all are informed and brought along the journey.
- Ensure all training documentations, work instructions are trained out to all parties involved in any changes to process or new processes being introduced.
- Escalate risks and issues.
- Work closely with the operational teams to ensure initiatives are fit for purpose and that there is a seamless operational handover
The ideal individual will be:
- A highly experienced and effective individual with a demonstrable track record of personal performance and achievement on supply chain related initiatives and improvements to current ways of working.
- Pragmatic, practical and results driven. Able to deliver in the face of varied and frequent challenges
- Experienced in working in across multiple countries and have strong cultural awareness.
- Proven to have delivered change across an operational area.
- Good end to end supply chain awareness and understanding and a solid grounding in supply chain operations
- The individual should be self-motivated, focussed and results orientated, with the ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- Organised and ability to manage multi initiatives
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Confident to present and feedback to senior stakeholders when required.
- A minimum of 10 years supply chain management experience
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced supply chain environment
- Able to work away for long periods with potentially substantial international travel
- Strong administrative & IT skills
- Effective communicator - 2nd language skills a benefit Microsoft Project Skills
- Prince 2 / Sixth Sigma or equivalent accreditation preferable