At Infinite Talent we currently have an exciting new permanent job opportunity. We are looking for a Head of IT to come and join one of our leading retail clients based in Middleton.
The role will be a mix of home and onsite, there is sites in Middleton, Rochdale & Wilmslow. So candidates who are flexible to commute to these locations would be ideal.
Key tasks will include:
- Work closely with the business to improve and enhance IT service and support.
- Maintain and evolve IT policy with short, medium, and long-term plans to improve efficiency and support growth.
- Successfully deliver IT projects within scope, timescale, and budget.
- Manage all aspects of Data Governance, including support of all Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) processes, policies, and records.
- Deliver service improvements, modernisation's and rationalisation as required.
- Partner with business leaders to develop internal systems and processes, including business intelligence, ERP, e-commerce, and bespoke solutions.
- Lead and inspire the internal IT team to ensure that all key functions are carried out in line with KPIs.
Key skills & experience required:
- Ability to maintain the IT function as a credible business partner with a commercial focus.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
- Strong planning and project management skills with a track record in delivering improvement.
- Proven experience of risk management, security, and data compliance (PCR, GDPR etc).
- A flexible and adaptable approach with ability to deliver a wide variety of solutions with diverse end-user requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and develop the internal IT team
- Experience of managing 3rd party relationships to deliver required outputs.
- Strong track record of infrastructure management ideally within a manufacturing / distribution business.
- In depth technical knowledge of infrastructure, software and hardware and virtual environments; we currently use Azure, Office 365, NetApp, HP and Cisco “UCS” servers; Cisco and HP switches, FortiGate Firewalls as well as RDS services and Hyper-V 20212.
- Experience in FMCG and knowledge of E-commerce, Plant Management Systems (SCADA), Sage 200, ERP systems, EDI and bespoke solutions is highly advantageous.
- Ideally location should be no more than 20-mile radius of Stakehill.
- Driving license is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and join a rapidly growing business, with a lot of future prospect!
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and you have the skills and experience needed, then please send your CV directly for consideration!