Here at infinite we have an excellent opportunity for a NEBOSH qualified Facilities and Health & Safety Manager for our new site and customer at Bardon, Leicestershire.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our excellent safety performance by providing professional site Health & Safety advice to site management which ensures legal compliance, improves our safety standards and ensures Clipper is recognised as a responsible employer, and also support in the cost-effective delivery of facilities/maintenance services, with the least disruption to site activities.
- H&S&E Policies and Procedures To promote good health, safety and environmental practices throughout the site.
- Ensure that Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments and Business continuity plans are produced and kept up to date to reflect changes in personnel or process.
- Develop and monitor Risk Assessment and make recommendations to ensure a safe effective workplace.
- Review and develop local health and safety procedures in keeping with best practices and Group Policy.
- Consult with site management and give appropriate advice on health and safety best-practice.
- Provide competent advice and technical guidance where necessary to enable management to discharge their statutory duty.
- Provide, or where necessary organise training for staff in relation to Health and Safety policies, practice and procedures.
- Health & Safety Reporting & Improvements Maintain a record of accidents, analyse trends and take remedial action where necessary to improve or reduce accidents /injuries. Investigate accidents or near-misses.
- Prepare accident reports including recommendations to prevent a recurrence.
- Report Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences in line with RIDDOR reporting.
- Assist and support operational managers in the preparation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Manage and maintain the site COSHH database, ensuring COSHH data sheets are available and that effective Risk Assessment is in place.
- Environmental Management Be the site contact for environmental management. Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement.
- Facilities Management To develop and maintain a site maintenance schedule for all equipment including racking, MHE, pat testing and fixed wiring. To control systems for the issuing and control of permits to work on-site for all contractors To react and take steps to ensure that any damage as a result of any accident or damages to racking or equipment is rectified to reduce lost time or operational efficiency of the site.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Business Skills: Ability to produce Monthly KPI Reports Ability to create a positive and safe environment for the site.
- Work as part of the site leadership team
- NEBOSH qualified.
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- 2 years H&S Management Experience
- Facilities management experience.