Logistics done differently.
If you’re a time-served engineer with experience managing a small team, then we’ve got the role for you.
We’re looking for a Facilities & Engineering Shift Manager to join us on our busy Waitrose site in Milton Keynes on a full-time, permanent basis. Working 40 hours per week on a weekly shift rotation (including 1 week in 6 on nights), you’ll be responsible for prioritising and actioning the day-to-day reactive and proactive maintenance work on a large, complex logistics operation.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £44,700 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday pay (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
· Be responsible for the line management of the site facilities and engineering team, ensuring the effective utilisation of resources, compliance, and a safe working environment
· Allocate and carry out tasks for equipment maintenance, warranty agreement checks and procedures to make sure they’re maintained within supplier specifications
· Draw up, organise and carry out maintenance programs to cover all aspects of site, as per our facilities management system
· Carry out the accurate completion of maintenance reports and other operational paperwork required
What you need to succeed at GXO:
· A time-served apprenticeship in either mechanical or electrical engineering with a proven track record working in a facilities or engineering environment
· Experience of managing a small engineering team
· A flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to effectively manage yourself as well as engage your team
· A strong focus on and an understanding of the importance of health and safety within an industrial environment
Be part of something big.