Key Purpose of Role
To lead, drive and manage the Ecommerce operational team ensuring all colleagues are motivated, engaged and focussed upon customer service, safety and operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role key accountabilities are:
- The management of the Ecommerce operation including Goods In, Picking, Replenishment, and Despatch.
- Effective leadership of First Line Managers, Team Leaders and Warehouse Colleagues.
- Ensuring Daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished.
- Working collaboratively with management colleagues to ensure that all areas of the DC succeed utilising labour planning and cross functional working
- Motivating staff and driving a culture of health and safety and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that all tasks are undertaken safely and are completed to schedule by appropriately trained colleagues.
- Leading the shift and rotating weekly (or as agreed) on a 6-2, 2-10 basis
- Management of stock movements using the NAVISION (WMS) system.
- Reporting as directed on the performance of the various teams within the shift, focussing on meeting agreed targets and goals and taking appropriate corrective action(s)
- Labour & demand planning – construction and preparation of daily & weekly rotas/holidays/overtime hours of warehouse colleagues to deliver the warehouse plan
- Liaising with agencies to ensure the necessary cover and training of temporary workers to support during weekends
- Management of day to day people issues including absence management and disciplinaries and grievances.
Essential Skills and Behaviours required:
- 3 years minimum experience of managing a team of 80 – 100 warehouse colleagues preferably in a 3PL Retail environment or in-house retail environment.
- A thorough understanding of inventory control and stock movement
- Resource planning
- Strong written, verbal communication skills & numerate.
- Promoting a culture of Safety and Continuous Improvement
- PC Literate in Microsoft software ( outlook, excel, power point)
- Significant experience of warehouse management systems.