Are you an experienced Transport Manager with a background in food/FMCG retail?
Do you like the idea of leading the transport function on one of our key contracts?
Are you ready to step up to a new challenge?
We’re looking for a full-time, permanent Assistant Transport Operations Manager to support the transport management on our Iceland operation based out of Swindon. Y
You’ll be directly responsible for supporting the Transport Operations Manager in the overall running of a safe, efficient, and cost-effective grocery retail transport operation.
Your working pattern would be Monday – Friday (days) and we would be looking for a high degree of flexibility as we run an on-call rota system covering the weekends.
Pay, Benefits And More We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £45,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What You’ll Do On a Typical Day
• Alongside the Transport Operations Manager, oversee our fast-paced transport operation, ensuring safety, performance, and compliance
• Effectively control the optimal utilisation of an ever-increasing number of drivers, coordination of training requirements, along with fleet, compliance, and all transport equipment
• Ensure that the operation is running cost-effectively, identifying, and implementing operational improvements or opportunities for optimisation
• Coordinate our customer’s requirements, ensuring customer satisfaction, procedural conformance, and the consistent achievement of SLAs and KPIs What You Need To Succeed At GXO
• A proven track record as a Transport Manager within a fast-paced distribution environment, preferably with exposure to FMCG retail/temperature-controlled logistics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• International CPC is required along with an excellent working knowledge of transport compliance and legislation
• The ability to lead, develop, motivate, and inspire your team with a real drive for optimisation, change management and continuous improvement